Dear everyone in our lab,

From July 2 to July 7, I attended the PPS-22 conference held in Yamagata ,Japan, together with Yong Kyoung. About 500 persons, including many famnous professors were present in the big annual conference. Through this conference, my feelings are as follow:
(1) To enlarge my vision of knowledge. For example, Prof. Inoue introduced a super engineering plastic based PPE and polyolefin and this polymer alloy exhibts large potential application. In addition, his lecture entitled "non-visoelastic materials by reactive blending of Nylon with poly(ethylene-co-glycidyl methacrylate) impressed me deeply. This materials showed both
morphology and tensile properties that are largely different from the conventioal commercial  
super-toughned PA6 . But the specific reason for this interesting pheonomena were not
given in his lectures;
(2) Many presentations related with polymer nanocomposites gave some new ideas, which
is instructive to my present work. Prof. Qiao gave the lecture about polymer/elastomer/inorganic nanoparticles ternary nanocomposites. His offered us a novel method to prepare polymer-clay nanocomposites. Due to the co-existance of nanoparticles and nano rubbers. the polymer nancomposites achive the unusal synergistic enhancement in the toughness and strength smultaneously. For some systems, the processability is also improved;
(3) To provide me a good chance to give the oral presentation in the big conference. The title
of my presentation is "Investigation on compatibilizing efficacy in reactive PP/PA6/SEBS-g-MA blends: effect of PA6 molcular weight". In this conference, the schedual table was very tight because of many attendants in this PPS-22 and  thus I missed some interesting lectures because of the schedual confict. In the case of my case, I need to improve my control of
time during the presentation. The duration of my presentation was a little beyond the
prescriptive time;
(4) To make some of friends through this conference and some previous friends were very
kind to us during this period.

Above are my individual impressions about this conference, If there is any questions, please
contact me.

jason liu
                                                         July 10th

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sungsik: Oh, it is the first report in English.  -[07/10-23:07]-